This one-day seminar organised by ACLAIIR, the Institute of Germanic and Romance Studies and the Instituto Cervantes in London, was held on Thursday 18 April 2013 at the Instituto Cervantes.
The programme included:
* current trends in fiction in Spain today
- speakers: Peter Bush, Stuart Davis and Juan Angel Juaristo;
* trends in research in 21st-century fiction from Spain
- speakers: Daniela Omlor, Jennifer Rodríguez, Frank Lough;
* collecting fiction from Spain in UK libraries
- a panel of U.K. librarians;
* fiction from Spain: the U.K. market
- a panel of publishers and translators, including Jennifer Arnold (University Birmingham), Rowan Cope (Little, Brown: Abacus; Virago, Kirsty Dunsheath (Orion Books), Amanda Hopkinson (City University).
The event programme can be viewed here
A full report of the event will appear in the 2013 ACLAIIR Newsletter. Accounts of it are being prepared for the ACLAIIR webpage and a synopsis is being prepared for this website
WATCH THIS SPACE for a second symposium - 21st Century Fiction from Latin America: to be held on Wednesday 6 November 2013 in Senate House (tbc)